1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mixing Underwood & Full Circle

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Sergio Barrozo, Oct 30, 2010.

1. I have two pickups on my bass (an Underwood and a Full Circle), and I use either depending on the acoustics of where I'll play. Sometimes I would like to mix the signal of the two to try to get a better sound. I plan to buy a pre Headway EDB-1 and I wonder if I could blend the two pickups and get a good result.
    Any ideas?

2. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I used to use an Underwood and a Realist with a Ravenlabs blender. It was quite successful. I've only done it a few times with my Full Circle. My FC in faces down towards the body of the bass, so its a little more in the Realist tone universe. If the FC was faced towards the strings, there might not be enough of a difference in them to warrant blending the two.

Right now, I'm using a Shadow double wing pickup. It's just a tad darker than the Underwood, so it gets a little closer to the FC. I also switch them depending on the room and music.

I think blending works best when the two pickups aren't pretty much alike.