1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available MJT 54 - 57 Precision Bass Styled Body. Aged Nitro Lacquer Relic - Semi Loaded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Alan Ace Cooper, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Price:
    $399.00
    What we have here is a MJT Medium Relic, 54 -57 Precision / Tele Bass body in Ash. It is super lightweight. Without pickup and parts, it weighs less than 5 lbs. Gorgeous 2 color Sunburst with aged, checked, lacquer finish. It is really hard to show the MJT aged excellence in photographs. However, many people have come up to me asking if it’s a real 50’s Precision Bass? Insanely good work!!! Note: This Body Fits Necks with a Square Neck Heel, Telecaster Bass style. A Rounded heel, Fender style neck, will not work on this body. NOTE: I used a Squier, 50's Vibe pickguard to drill the superficial pickguard screw holes and cover holes. They aren't exact, so I doubt any thing would "Actually" fit them, without redrilling. Since the MJT body is not Squier, MIJ or US spec Fender, I needed to compensate for the placement of the loaded control plate. The pickguard holes are just for aesthetic purposes.

With the body, pickup, parts and the labor to have the bridge and rear string ferrules installed, I am into this body and parts at $685.00. I had it teamed up with a Mike Dirnt, Road Worn, Precision Bass neck, that I got from Stratosphere. Total Bass cost was about $1090.00, and worth every cent! The neck has been sold. The only part that I am keeping, which may have shown in some photos, are the brass, Wilkinson 51 P Bass, Compensated bridge saddles. They are super hard to find. You can also look into the modern style, Fender through Body bridges, which have individual saddles for each string.

Your PayPal Payment gets the body shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail, with proper packaging and insurance. If No Nibbles Here, it will go up on theBay. I have no trade interest at this time. No Super Low Ballers needed. :D
    CD48AB25-2F74-4999-99F8-6CEE48266C9C.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  2. bradd

bradd

Jan 27, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    So tempting!drool

3. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
    LOL!!! The Bass Body is singing to you!

4. maverick49

maverick49 Gold Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Southern California
    Arm and belly contours, Ace?

Alan Ace Cooper likes this.
  5. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
  6. Rayjay

Rayjay

Sep 27, 2014
    Lahaina, Maui, HI
    Wow! Wish the timing was better!

7. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    yum

8. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
    Sale On Hold - I may be parting out the body. If I do, @bradd has 1st dibs on pickup and electronics.

9. chrisplaysbass

chrisplaysbass Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2007
    White Plains NY
    Endorsing Artist: labella strings, Aguilar Amplification, Cusack Electronics, Xotic effects
    Is the body available still?

10. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004