1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MJT Fender P Bass Body vintage white heavy relic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Evanforbass, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Evanforbass

Evanforbass

Feb 3, 2016
    Denver, CO
    Price:
    $315
    Happy New Year good people. Sadly, time to part with this masterfully aged MJT body. I believe it is swamp ash, nitro, and it is quite light in weight. As you can see, it's got a real nice heavy relic treatment. It's that perfect finish of slightly yellowed vintage white (I can never keep track of the names of hues of white finishes.. cream? eggshell?), that is dead sexy with either a tort or a white guard. A few coats of shielding paint have been applied in the pickup and control cavities, and it is dead quiet.
    A small issue to note is that our painters tape was not quite close enough while shielding, so there is just a hair of shielding paint visible protruding from the pickguard on a small section above the control knob cavity near the input jack--noticeable at a close glance, but unnoticeable from more than a few feet.
    $315 SHIPPED CONUS
    I will also be selling the pickguard (2017 Spitfire vintage burgundy/bright red, speckled 60s, light relic), as well as the neck (2008 MIA Fender P Neck, barely played)--both in excellent condition.
    IMG_2060. IMG_2061. IMG_2487.
    IMG_2063.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Lammchop93, 60bass and Crowd crusher like this.
  2. PeaveyPlayer

PeaveyPlayer Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    does it have the hump in the bottom horn

3. Evanforbass

Evanforbass

Feb 3, 2016
    Denver, CO
    I’m not quite sure what you mean? I’ll send some more pics if you want

4. Evanforbass

Evanforbass

Feb 3, 2016
    Denver, CO
    01EC736F-927D-4D42-84C6-220F0E8C0AAA. 6C7A807D-088F-4F57-9B3E-F7E83E0C25C2. 6E54A452-FD02-4D36-B04D-153F5A9AEA57. Let me know if there’s something I’m missing

5. RNG1

RNG1

Mar 1, 2015
    Would you be interested in a trade for a different body? I purchased a brand new factory Fender P body burst that is really beautiful with the intention of using my 72 P neck on it but it looks “too new” for this neck as I’ve put many years of playing on the neck. It’s brand new in factory box and never had anything mounted on it. Also feels pretty light as well. Could send you pic if interested. The body you have I think would be a better match. Thanks

6. Evanforbass

Evanforbass

Feb 3, 2016
    Denver, CO
    Hey man, thanks for the inquiry. I'm not really interested in a trade.

But just curious.. what model is it? string-thru body?

7. RNG1

RNG1

Mar 1, 2015
    I’ll pm you with details and a pic so as not to mess with your thread