MLA Works Cited page question(s)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cassanova, Apr 27, 2005.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    This MLA crap is really kickin my butt. I've got a paper due in roughly 3 hours and I am stuck on the works cited page. In short, I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do.

All my pages are a "document from a website" and I've been trying to understand from the example I have how to do this, but I'm just not getting it. Would any of you here who know how to do this stuff please show me. I posted links to my sources below to give you a complete understanding of what I'm working with.

I really do appriciate any help that is presented to me.

The one I have done so far is below, and I think I'm way off the mark with it. Thats why Im askin for help.

Green, Janet M. “Review of Oedipus Rex.” Sunnybroome. 1993. 26 Apr. 2005 <>
  2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Top right, last name and page #.

two lines below centered, same font size "Works Cited"

one line below that start your first citation, which of course is last name first, every line that goes over should have a hanging indent.

Anything else?

EDIT: You're on the right track, don't forget the period at the end of the <site>
  3. You can go to and it will make a works cited page for you. Use of the MLA section of the site is free. You just have to put in as much information on each source as you can.
  4. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
  5. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I used that one. My professor wrote in the comments section "Because the Works Cited page doesn't have the proper indentations, finding the source is confusing"

I'm not too sure where I went wrong here. The papers graded and I got 190 out of 200 points. So I'm somewhat satisfied. But to avoid this mistake again could somebody point out to me what the proper indentations are? Im listing the works cited page to help you help me. You'll have to cut/paste it into word because i cant attach word documents here for some reason.

Green Janet M. “Review of Oedipus Rex.” Explicator 1993: 2-3. 26 Apr. 2005
    < >.
    Holmberg, Arthur. Too Deep for Tears. 16 Apr. 2004. American Repertory Theater. 26 Apr. 2005. < >.

Howard, Maureen C. Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute. 2005: Yale. 26 Apr. 2005 < >.

LitWiki. 19 Apr. 2005: Macon State College. 26 Apr. 2005: < >.
  6. For each entry, the first line should be all the way to the left margin. All the lines following that (if there are any) should be indented 1/2", which is one tap on the tab key. If you used the export to Word feature on Easybib, it should have already been formatted this way. It always has been for me. Good score on your paper, though!
  7. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    First line flush with left margin, all others indented 1/2 inch. Don't forget to double-space between citation lines and entries.