1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MLT 12 Speaker replacement suggestions for a "Mitchell Mini Bass"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fret Knuckler, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Fret Knuckler

Fret Knuckler

Dec 21, 2012
    Hayward, Ca. USA
    Assembly Lead, AXL Guitars USA
    I wrote the following entry before I realized I will be totally lost when it comes to uploading pictures of the cab. Sorry, maybe someone can help me with that too? I'm not computer literate.

I just bought this weird cab on CL. The guy said it was a reflex cab, I'm under the impression these are actually a "folded horn". Maybe someone can shed some light on that as well?

I'd like to put a 4 ohm speaker in there, neodymium, unless the cab design warrants something else only found in ceramic. I tried to download some cab design software and I got a bunch of malware and junk now. I think that the software didnt cover this cab design though.
    Any suggestions for a good, loud, & light 12" that would work in this type of cab?

The sound is nice just as it is, I like the round burpy sound of this little baby Jaco cab. The guy who sold it to me said it had the original speaker, "a big square thing on the back of the speaker".
    My goal is to be able to use this with a 300 watt amp, in a trio and not fart out the old driver.