1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MM-2 4-String Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by padresfan311, Oct 8, 2004.

1. padresfan311

padresfan311

Oct 8, 2004
    Mobile, AL
    I currently have a Squier Standard P-Bass and I have been playing bass since February. My friends wanted me to play bass in the school talent show but I couldn't because of my crappy bass. I am looking at the MM-2 4-String Bass because of its supposedly good tone, looks, and construction. I was wondering if anyone knew anything good and/or bad about this bass. Thanks! :)

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I assume you're asking about the OLP MM-2, right?

OLP MM-licensed basses really impress me for the price. I think they blow away just about everything else in their price range. However, I've seen quite a bit of sample variation - you'll want to play the one you want to buy. When I went to pick one up as a pocket change five, I had to look at three before I foind one I liked.

What's wrong with your Squier P? They're not POS basses - actually, they can sound pretty good after a good setup and decent strings.

3. padresfan311

padresfan311

Oct 8, 2004
    Mobile, AL
    My Squier is still stock and it just doesn't sound great...and I don't wanna play a friggin Squier in front of the school! :)

I think I'll go to Guitar Center tomorrow and test the OLP MM-2 4-String Bass.

4. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Well OLP is MM's Squier, basically. But there's nothing wrong with playing a Squier in front of the school. It's your playing that matters, not the gear :p. Don't be so concerned about it.

5. murdermilk

murdermilk

Feb 5, 2004
    If it makes you feel better, scrape the SQUIER off the headstock, but a P is a P. When it comes down to it, in a full band setting, no one can tell the difference between a Chinese and an American with everything else going on as well.