Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MM Bongo Knob Question?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by UrbanAssault415, May 24, 2005.

1. My friend got a new Bongo double humbucker for his b-day and we both can't figure out the knobs. It has 2 normal and 2 stacked. The first one we know is volume and we have other ideas but dont know for sure.Any help would be apreciated, Thx

p.s. I know how many bongo freaks there are so I'll tell u the color. Its black with black pick guard but I gave my friend the idea to get a green pearl and hes going to go for it, I think it will officealy be the sickest bongo ever.

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    volume - pickup blend - low mids(bottom)/high mids(top) - bass(bottom)/treble(top)

3. thx, but one quick question. Pick-up blend is saposed to switch volume perentage to each pick-up, but his bass it makes the bass sound "soft" volume wise not switching pick-ups.I had a feeling that thats what the knob was for switching the pick-ups but it dont. Is this comon.

4. Turn the blend switch all the way left or right & tap on the coils w/ a metal object....you'll see that one p/u will be turned off when turned all the way one way. I leave mine at the center detent.