1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MM Classic Ray, Elrick, Roscoe test drives!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ProgRapture, Apr 24, 2010.

1. My friend and I happened to swing by the Farmer's Branch Guitar Center in Dallas, due to their above average bass selection, and lo and behold: some basses I have been dying to try out!

The Ray was my favorite, but it had an unfair advantage of being 4 strings and shell pink. If you've ever played a Ray, you know how it sounds, blah blah. What made it stick out was the glossy neck (I liked it more than I thought), the slab body, and awesome finishes.

The Elrick was their Gold Series 6 string (Alder, flame maple top, maple neck, rwood fretboard). This was my second favorite, surprisingly, due to the fact that I don't like 6 strings, and I don't like wide spacing, but the feel and sound made up for it by far.

The Roscoe was a 5 string, bolt on with a orange/red burst. I wasn't a big fan of the thicker neck, but it was surprisingly light and it had a great sound.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Is that the GC off the interstate heading to the North (rich) side of town? I went to it last year when the family was on vacation, and I was totally blown away! It was the coolest GC, by far, I have ever visited.:)

3. I'm pretty sure. They also had a huge PRS and Musicman guitar section too. I got to jam on a couple of new Albert Lee sigs and some Ball Family Reserve guitars. I can't stand the stereotypical GC environment, but this one has a pretty posh but friendly atmosphere.

4. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Nashville GC is the cooliest, but this one sounds sweet!

5. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Last week I received a shell pink StingRay from that same Dallas GC. He was the only one who had them because of the show, so I was able to snag one before the guitar show.