Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mm help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by benjamintowle, Jul 29, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    were can you buy used or new music man string ray necks and bodys

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    you can't. Musicman is very protective of that stuff. You can get a status stingray neck i think, but the bodies are hard to come by. subway guitars makes one thats pretty close called a subray i think. They do that for people like u. I know exactly what u want to do, get a neck and a body cheaper so u have a cheaper stingray. They want you to shell out all the cash for one. sorry.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Moses graphite also makes a MusicMan replaement neck.

4. Why be sorry? The MusicMan is an institution, and no amount of planning, resourcefulness or research is gonna beat having a real Musicman. If you want a substandard copy, without those little nuances that make a high-quality bass what it is, then you go ahead. If you want the REAL thing, drop the cash. Nino-Brown will tell you over all else: His Warmowsky is NOT a Sadowsky. They have almost identical parts, but are not the same bass.

I'm guessing you want a new body because you f*cked up the routing on your original when you wanted to add a second humbucker?

If that's the case, I told you so, and it's your own fault.

5. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i dont want a cheap one i want a reall ray.i want to beable to get a real ray neck and body not a fake.i love rays.i just want to make like one from parts like take one year body with one year neck.

you know how peeps take like a 62 fender jazz neck and put it on a p bass . i want to do that but with reall rayparts

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    like i said before yoiu cant really do that, u may be able to trade another stingray owner if they are stupid enough but other than that. Ive never heard a stingray owner say one year neck is better than any other. I do know the new bodies are alot more rounded than the old ones. The old ones(real old) have neck through stringing which improves the sustain. Just go out and but a brand new stingray. I did, i love it, theres no other bass around that touches it, IMO. Anything u have to save $1300 for sould be perfect, and this bad boy did it for me.

7. BassGrowl

BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    i just want to say that why waste your time looking for the stingray parts, why not just buy one and take it apart, lol.

8. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    ok frisrt i didnt **** up the body putting a second pickup.right now i 15 i make about 180 a week and i dont want to spend all my money on one 4 string.i got a jaytruser copy as a gift last year .it ok.but i want a real ray.i bought a bass trem.i love the trem no matter what peeps say about them i like them.

ok i got away from what i was going to say.i put new pickups in the bass ,new tunners new every thing but it dont sound like a ray i played with all the same parts..i want to get a real ray body and neck to put all the parts in to.

every day at work at lunch i go to the music store and play string rays i love them. i just want to know a place that sells ray liek really cheap like i dont care if there beat up cause i can restore them with my dad.

9. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I thought you made like $50 an hour. Should be able to buy lots of Stingrays with that kind of money.

10. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    hey if you read any my other post it says that was a friend of mine making all these messed up post.

11. Why not search Ebay.com there you might find various stuff, I once found a Sterling in parts there.. Oh well it was taken apart anyway, and the screws for the neck was missing, that was all. It was really cheap too!