1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MM Pickups in an ESP EX-104 bass???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Hutzbordello, Apr 15, 2010.

1. So I love the MM tone with a pick

And I love the Growl of the Tbird with my fingers

Id like to think my ESP (LTD version) Explorer bass is a bit in between both in tone

however I wanted to know if anyone would have any insight as to what kind of pickups I should look into modding my bass with

It has two jazz pickups, I thought of EMG, but they are the only pickups I know of.

So Im looking for a music man tone (think At the Drive in (relationship of command) esque), but with a growl?

idk if any of this makes sense

^ this is what my bass sounds like, not me playing, i just run it through a GK instead of a Fender

i primarily play with my fingers but once in a while Ill use a pick

also if you couldn't tell im a noob to modding my bass since ive never had too :rolleyes:

p.s. im thoroughly confused as to how to word this :confused:

2. w8 a minute.. you mean the ex 104 has j pickups??? then i aint buying it no way!