Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MM routing template

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by duckbutter, May 12, 2005.

1. duckbutter

duckbutter

Mar 30, 2005
    Does anybody know where I can find a routing template for a MM style pickup. I've checked Stuart Mac's web site and wdmusic.com with no luck.

2. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
  3. djm150

djm150

Oct 6, 2011
    BBG does have ebmm stingray 4 pickup templates. the current acrylic template does not fit an original ebmm pickup nor does it fit a seymour duncan smb-4 replacement pup. the corner radius is wrong, ie too small and thus the pup will not/does not fit in the template. the tolerances around the rest of the template are good and allow for the pup to adjust up and down without being too sloppy. the radius issue has been made known to them and they are supposedly working on it. the mdf wood template DOES fit an original ebmm and seymour duncan pup, but it is very tight. the one i got, the pickup rubs on the template, ie no wiggle room to speak of. the pup does fit, but make sure you clean out any paint etc that might cover the sides of the pickup rout after finishing. the mfd is a very tight fit. pix available if you need to see the issues.