Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MM Sabre needs new neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by depalm, Jul 11, 2005.

1. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    Hi, I own a 79 MM Sabre Bass for 20 years and now it needs a neck replacement. As I live in Rio (Brazil) and the weather here is very humid I'd like to try a Graphite neck. I did a search on this forum and found some good manufactures like Status, Modulus and Moses. But I'd like to know which one can make a neck that fits my Sabre well.
    Thanks in advance.

DePalm

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Status makes one that looks and fits like the original. A Moses neck will fit, but the headstock will be four on a side tuners, as opposed to the stock 3 + 1 configuration.

3. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    thanks danomite64, but do you know if the Status Neck is a Sting Ray style or it can be made over the Sabre specifications?
    And another question: how does it sounds? I heard that it's more like a mapple neck, is it true?

4. I would have to suggest that you get a Status neck as opposed to a Moses neck. I believe the price difference is well worth it too. I've heard from a few different members of TB that Moses is sometimes not too easy to communicate with, and sometimes their necks are "blemished" an bit. Oh, by the way, i think the prices are around $375US for the Moses and I think $435 for the Status. Makle sure to visit there web-sites and gain as much info as you can from there about the products in question. Then, come back to TB and do a search for all threads pretaining to the necks, which you already have done apparently.

I suggest you check out the Moses Graphite thread that has been recently bumped back to the front page for more info on moses.

Again, I strongly suggest working with status. The extra buck definately sounds like it worth the forgoing of hassle that sometimes comes with working with Moses.

www.statusgraphite.com
    www.mosesgraphite.com

~Ryan

5. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    Thaks a lot deathbloomslife, that's some important info!