MM Sabre needs new neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by depalm, Jul 11, 2005.

1. depalm

depalm Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    Hi, I own a 79 MM Sabre Bass for 20 years and now it needs a neck replacement. As I live in Rio (Brazil) and the weather here is very humid I'd like to try a Graphite neck. I did a search on this forum and found some good manufactures like Status, Modulus and Moses. But I'd like to know which one can make a neck that fits my Sabre well.
    Thanks in advance.

DePalm

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Status makes one that looks and fits like the original. A Moses neck will fit, but the headstock will be four on a side tuners, as opposed to the stock 3 + 1 configuration.

3. depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    thanks danomite64, but do you know if the Status Neck is a Sting Ray style or it can be made over the Sabre specifications?
    And another question: how does it sounds? I heard that it's more like a mapple neck, is it true?

4. I would have to suggest that you get a Status neck as opposed to a Moses neck. I believe the price difference is well worth it too. I've heard from a few different members of TB that Moses is sometimes not too easy to communicate with, and sometimes their necks are "blemished" an bit. Oh, by the way, i think the prices are around $375US for the Moses and I think $435 for the Status. Makle sure to visit there web-sites and gain as much info as you can from there about the products in question. Then, come back to TB and do a search for all threads pretaining to the necks, which you already have done apparently.

I suggest you check out the Moses Graphite thread that has been recently bumped back to the front page for more info on moses.

Again, I strongly suggest working with status. The extra buck definately sounds like it worth the forgoing of hassle that sometimes comes with working with Moses.

www.statusgraphite.com
    www.mosesgraphite.com

~Ryan

5. depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    Thaks a lot deathbloomslife, that's some important info!