1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MM Sterling 4H natural maple tortoise

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mntngrown, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mntngrown

mntngrown Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2007
    The lost Sierra
    Got this 9.9 condition unscathed example of a Sterling, with no issues, from a fellow TB member for a great price which I will be passing on; because no matter how much I try to believe that my large old meats should be able to play a scrawny neck for a set, I really can't.
    This is a one piece ash body, maple neck and board, tortoise PG, bass that looks better than the pics.
    I detect no dead spots etc. and like any Music Man bass I ever played is totally quiet and well shielded and there is: No belt rash and No headstock dings or any other casual neglect evident. The only way I can see someone played it is on the pickguard and the gunoil neck shows some appreciative hand.
    Standard MM HSC with wipe cloth still in sealed bag "YADA YADA" I won't talk about the plastic still on the cavity cover cause everybody does.( Does anyone peel it off anymore?)
    Buy a new one or get this for 780.00 plus shipping cost.
    If local CList someone bites first I will give it to them. I Hate Shipping! I don't need the money, just don't want too many under played basses in the closet. If you can play a jazz bass you will be at home with this one, plus more active options.

2. mntngrown

Aug 18, 2007
    The lost Sierra
    some bad camera man at work. Send me ur e-mail 4 more

3. Weight? Also, where are you? I don't see a location in your profile.

4. mntngrown

Aug 18, 2007
    The lost Sierra
    It's under 10lbs but I have no accurate tool, just a cheesy bathroom spring scale. Balances great on a strap, no boat anchor and no featherweight. I am in Calif. so probably 30-40 bucks shipping but all I can do is box it up and get a quote with your zip.

5. Trades? I have an Aguilar AG500 dual ch head if your interested.

6. mntngrown

Aug 18, 2007
    The lost Sierra
    Got amps thanks, for the offer though.

7. rizzo9247

rizzo9247

Nov 24, 2008
    NYC
    gotta love the one piece of ash!

8. mntngrown

Aug 18, 2007
    The lost Sierra
    I thought 780 plus 30 0r 40 shipping for a like new USA Music Man would be a WOW!

9. I know what you mean... I had a Sterling a few years ago, and when I sold it I basically gave it away. The Sterling's just don't get the love the Stingray's get?

10. mntngrown

Aug 18, 2007
    The lost Sierra
    sold

11. mntngrown

Aug 18, 2007
    The lost Sierra
    close

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.