MM Stingray conversion

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Andy Bremner, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Andy Bremner

Andy Bremner

May 25, 2020
    Hi everyone, this is my first post on here so be kind lol. Anyways, I have a Stingray that I'm looking to convert into, basically, a Modulus Funk Unlimited. I've decided to go for a Status graphite neck, a Lane Poor Legacy pickup and an Aguilar OBP-1 Preamp. I'm wondering if anyone has did something similar to this before and how much can I expect it to sound like the Modulus Flea/Funk Unlimited.

Thanks. :)

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong subsection, I figured with it being a bass modification question that this was the right place, but if it's not please advise me where to post if I have future similar questions.

2. GMC

GMC

Jan 1, 2006
    Wiltshire, UK
    I think it will get you in the same ball park. I don't know how simular A Status Graphite neck is tonally to a Modulus, but I would assume they are very similar. If you are using the same PU's and preamp...and fingerboard material...then yes you should be in the same ball park. The rest is post EQ / Compression, amp and your playing style.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022