Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MM Stingray pickguard

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Felonious Punk, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Felonious Punk

Felonious Punk

Aug 27, 2001
    hi-

does anyone know where to obtain a clear pickguard for an early 90's MM Stingray 4?

Thanks

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Hi FP, welcome to TB.
    Someone here might have one, but if not, there are several aftermarket sources for Stingray guards, plus Ernie Ball, through a dealer. wdmusicroducts.com, chandler.com, and basscentral.com should be able to help you out. Good luck, and tell us how you like that clear guard. What color Stingray are you putting it on?
    Doc

3. Felonious Punk

Felonious Punk

Aug 27, 2001
    Doc,

Thanks much for the welcome and the info. wdmusicproducts.com led me to pickguards.com and there was my much sought after clear pickguard. I'm putting it on a 91 Sunburst Stingray.
    It orginally came with a black pick guard which always bugged me. I think the wood is beautiful and should be visable.

thanks again,

Mark

4. Hey FP,

Which did you get, the Clear Mirror or Clear Acrylic? You've got me interested in one for my SR5, and i was disappointed they didn't show just a standard 'Clear' one. $45.00 is a little steep for a pickguard. Let us know when you get it if it's what you were looking for.

Cool handle, BTW. :)

5. Felonious Punk

Felonious Punk

Aug 27, 2001
    hey ya stingray5-

I ordered the clear acrylic. 45 bucks is a bit steep, but I've been looking for a clear pickguard for over
    3 years.

I'll let ya all know what I think when it gets here.

cheers,

mark

6. Felonious Punk

Felonious Punk

Aug 27, 2001
    hey ya stingray5-

I ordered the clear acrylic. 45 bucks is a bit steep, but I've been looking for a clear pickguard for over
    3 years.

I'll let ya all know what I think when it gets here.

cheers,

mark