1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MM Stingray piezo, G string saddle ringing

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bunyo, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    As above.
    I got MM Stingray 4 with piezo, few years old. I like it much but one thing is annoying me. G string buzzes badly, especially when I hit her hard. Piezo Stingrays have different bridges, there are piezo saddles under strings, I dont know if that is what causes buzzing or something else. Good thing that its most audible when I play unplagged, hard to hear when plugged but this thing makes me pissed.
    Anybody had similar problem???

2. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Any help???

3. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Sounds like a fret buzz to me, have you tried adjusting the height of the G saddle?

4. ivbenaplayin

ivbenaplayin

Sep 27, 2010
    Minnesota
    you could try going to music-man.com and contact their customer service/support via email... they're usually pretty quick to provide a response and might be able to point you in the right direction...

5. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Its not a fret buzz. Its ringing voice coming from saddle under string G. When I touch the saddle with finger, its not buzzing. There is vibration in this saddle, which is heard especially when open string is hit.

6. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Indeed it was a saddle height. I raised it a bit and ringing/buzzing dissapeared.
    Thanks much,
    Bunyo