MM Stingray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rutkn, Jan 12, 2006.

1. rutkn

Jan 12, 2006
    Hey i am planning on buying a musicman stingray. I mostly like to play Funk and Rock such as metallica. There is no dealer around my place so i have to place an order. do you reccomend i buy it

Thanks in advance
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    bovinehost. PM him, hes a member here
  3. theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Yes I do and when you first pick it up and run your hand over the neck you'll understand
  4. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    yes. i have owned many MM's (and own one now) and have never been disappointed with them in craftsmanship or in any playing situation.
  5. Yes, do buy one. Awesome basses, absolutely awesome.
  6. tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    One more recommendation for bovinehost and Vintage Bass Trading. Did a great job for me . . . If you like the MM feel and sound, you might also want to consider a Bongo . . . . awesome bass!

- Tim
  7. +1....Bongos Rock!:bassist:
  8. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Bovinehost is good people.
  9. Fawkes007

Sep 13, 2005
    SF Bay Area

Order one from The Perfect Bass, Bass Central or Bass Northwest. Stay away from GC. Get a new two pickup StingRay HH. You won't regret it.
  10. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  11. I haven't done business with bovinehost, but I can recommend Bass Central. They've been good to me.
  12. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    If you're in the US, Jack and Steve are the way to go. You are in the US, aren't you?
  13. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Well, it appears from another post you're from Australia. You won't be able to order from them due to the dealer agreement which is place to protect international distributors (I feel your pain).

If you do manage to buy from a US dealer, bear in mind you will have no warranty, so you might as well look for a good quality used bass on ebay or from Bass Central etc.
  14. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Forget about VBTC, they will not sell new EB's outside the USA because of this agreement. Steve is very adamant about selling outside the country because he feels Sterling Ball and the entire Ernie Ball line are phenominal.
  15. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Exactly right on selling outside the US.

As much as I'd love to sell you Aussies Stingrays and Bongos and Sterling and lions and tigers and bears, no can do.

Inside the US, there are many good dealers, and I appreciate you guys giving us the vote of confidence.

16. Should you buy a Stingray?

Why not look for a big store in Melbourne or Sydney on the net, and order one over the phone?

Get one. You will never regret it. ;)

17. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    I am, and you can too!
  18. rutkn

Jan 12, 2006
    i just got my new black stingray:) My teacher had a friend that sells them. I got it for 2300 aussie dollars