Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MM, Warwick and photoshop favor to ask.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I'm either bored or possessed... considered throwing a MM pickguard on my Corvette. I like the way they look, plus I keep my picks underneath them. Anyone proficient with photoshop wanna build me one and post it? The corvette is natural colored, I always liked black pickguars but I'm open to whatever might look cool.

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Sorry, dont have photoshop or any other pic-editing things on my pc yet, but I remember someone did something like this... I've tried a lot of searches, but unfortunately I couldnt find it...

3. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I recently bought PS. not very good yet. If the person your after needs to have an education in basses dont bother with this person. If they just need to be good at PS, contact a friend of mine called Darius. His website is www.arutha.co.uk

Just send him an email under his contact page, or put a post in the new forum.

cheers

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Pickguard..not pickup. ?

5. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Whoops! I completely misread that post. My bad. :eek:

6. klorence

klorence

Nov 21, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    here's a quick attempt...

i lined up the pickup, but i think the pickguard would look better if it were moved slightly closer to the bridge...

7. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Quick and dirty mint p/g for contrast...

Attached Files:

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

I thought that a pickguard on a Warwick would look awful, but that looks really cool.

9. Any reason why it has to be a MM pickguard? If you're custom-making a pickguard, you can make it whatever you want. :)

Maybe try a clear or tinted transparent pickguard to show the grain yet still allow you to keep your picks underneath. Alternatively, use double sided tape on the side of your headstock or body... or blu-tack. ;)

10. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I don´t like it....looks kinda funny to me.

11. No offence but I think this is a really beautiful bass on it's own.. Whenever I take mine out for a gig, I always get positive comments about the bass... not the playing.. :smug:
    Eugene