1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

mmm...bagels

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave, Oct 3, 2006.

1. After eating a bagel, I wondered, what does everyone else like?

I like cheddar, honey wheat, and plain ones, with just plain creme cheese.

2. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I like
    - Egg
    - Sesame seed
    - Everything bagels

3. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Mmmmm.. bagels. We used to eat bagels on the high holidays (if I werent all the way across the country, Id be home right now eating bagels) to break the fast. My personal favorite is white fish salad on an everything bagel. Cream cheese goes on egg bagels, scallion goes on.. well.. pretty much everything. Butter on cinamon raisin is for special occasions.

4. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    blueberry, toasted, and topped with crunchy peanut butter

cream cheese gags me

5. I loved spinach bagels with veggy cream cheese but the Manhatten Bagel chain switched up the cream cheese and it sucks now....

At the office we have a bangin' lunchroom (staffed with 6 chefs and about 2 dozen support staff!). They "import" bagels from Staten Island somewhere.... OMG are they the best I've EVER had. I usually have an everything or a poppy with regular cream cheese for breakfast every couple mornings (porkroll, egg and cheese on a hard roll or oatmeal are my other regulars)... with coffee from our in house Starbucks kiosk :bassist:

FYI: I work 10pm to 8am Tues to Fri and go for breakfast with a coworker @ 7am daily

6. I like my bagel with a hamburger patty, cream cheese, mustard, and a pineapple slice on it.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Panera's cinnamon crunch with hazelnut cream cheese. MMMMMMMMMM

8. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I like almost every bagel I eat. I usually just put creme cheese on it.

but wait theres more.
    one day i made one, but soon found out i was out of creme cheese. so instead i subsituted butter. and just as i was about to consume the first bite, I noticed hot sauce near me. I put it on. It ruled a lot. I usually don't like spicy stuff, but I'm telling you, this is pure bliss. trust me, just try it.

9. toasted, low fat cream cheese, slice of tomato, thank you.

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Gotta have the Jalepeno bagel. W/ cream cheese, of course.

11. I just made a breakfast bagel sandwhich because of this thread. Bagel, fried egg, ham, melted parmesan cheese, and a little salt and peper.:cool:

12. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Plain or everything bagels...topped with a dab of cream cheese, lox, smoked whitefish, maybe some herring, sliced tomato, lettuce, and a few capers.

13. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    I like pretty much any kind of bagel, toasted w/butter.
    My most favorite: plain, piled high w/cream cheese, lox, onion, slice of tomato. Breakfast or lunch.

14. I tend to go for the cinnamon raison or the blueberry. Tim Hortons, what would I do without you?

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Toasted is a big plus when it comes to bagels.

16. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    bruegger's are definately the best (franchise) bagel you can buy.

I like as follows:

sesame seed bagel
    veggie cream cheese
    tomato
    provalone cheese

best thing ever...

17. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Toasted plain bagel with LOTS of cream cheese, if Im feeling daring, some freshly sliced salami on top...........

and lets not forget the pizza bagel!!

18. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I think its the water that really makes the bagel. If youre using crappy tap water, then its going to blow.. no matter what you put on your bagel. We shant overlook the quality of the bagel itself!

19. Very good point. My favorite bagels are the ones from a local shop that makes them in house, called Ken's Bagels. Theyre cheap, and the best bagels Ive ever had.

20. Grilled cheese is pretty plain but good. A couple slices of process cheese in a toasted bagel... melt that cheese and you're set.

Cream cheese is alright, I guess. I prefer PB&J though.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021