Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mmm, my words is tasty! - New Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slater, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    When the Bongo first came out, I called it the "Wrongo"! Well, now I own one. :oops:

It's a 4-string double humbucker in Egyptian Smoke with a Python pickguard (see pic). (The Egyptian Smoke color is cameleon like. It seems to change from Silver, to Gold, to Metalic Green, depending on the background - Very cool :cool: ).

I've only been able to play it through my Crate practice amp so far, but I can tell this bass is going to sound great through my gig-rig! I'll be gigging tonight, and I can't wait!

2. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Very cool.
    I am really thinking of a Bongo 5 in Candy Apple Red-Anyone know what the actual selling price of these has been?

3. I think that Egyptian Smoke color is awesome. Ditto for the guard. Awesome choice. That would be my first pick. My second would be that burnt orange bongo with a pearloid guard. My third choice would be the puke green color.

I dig Bongos. They may look like toilet seats when hanging vertically in a store. But they really look good when played. They feel good too.

4. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    +1

Congrats on the new Bongo!!

5. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I joined up with a heavier band recently-so i've been thinking about another bass to keep in the alternate tuning, and if i had the money-i think a dual humbucker Bongo 5 would suit the bill nicely. I got GAS. :help:

6. I've been looking at that exact model. Please let us know how it does on the gig.
    Congrats, that bass looks awesome.

edit-
    I just looked at cgworkmans bass, and man, that one looks great too. Do they make any that look bad?

7. Hey FigJam, How do like your Avatar 212? Nice setup, by the way.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Its a great cab. Works well with my amp, great pair, helps me get the tone i want. and thanks.

9. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Great bass.
    Superb color and pickguard. Good choice.

Congrats !!

10. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Just wait. Once you figure out what these things can do, you may own more than one.

11. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Oh my lord...I do see toilet seat!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Questions...din't engineers at Porche have something to do with the design?

Also...one that really depends on the listener...but would this be good for metal???

12. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    You may well be the last person on earth to "LOL" at the toilet seat concept. Believe me when I tell you - it's been done.

No. It was the BMW Design Group.

God, I hope not.

13. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI

14. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
    Slater, we need to know how the bass did on the gig!!!!! I went to the local G.C. and played a Black 4 string Bongo and it rocked. It's definitely on my wish list.

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    That is a nice bass. I don't really like the look of Bongos myself.

-Mike