Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mmm, sweet, sweet fabrication.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Yes, it's another dream <b>effects</b> rig thread (with lots of emphasis on the effects) ... just to be a supportive little group.

Here's mine:
    • CPR seven loop switcher.
    • Boss SYB-3 (Don't judge me, it sounds pretty cool for a digital effect. I just want it for the modern newvo bazz synth sounds. Don't loose complete faith in me.)
    • EH Bass Micro Synth.
    • Ibanez Analog Flanger.
    • Chunk Systems Fuzz.
    • 3ms triwave picogenerator (silver beauty model.)
    • EH octave multi plexer.
    • SWR IOD (used as a disortion unit.)
    • DBX 166A compressor.
    • Raven Labs True Blue Eq (used after the compressor.)
    • EH Q-tron+.
    • Frostwave Funk-a-Duck.
    • MXR Blue Box.
    • Mooger Fooger LPF, ring mod and phaser.
    • Line6 MM4 and DL4.
    • Electrix Warpfactory and Filterfactory.
    • Love Tone Meatball.
    • Behringer Intellagate (used for keyboard synth sounds.)

Whew.

2. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    But where would the drummer set up?

3. Ummm....that's too many BF? (Did I just say that for real?!)
    I have the Chunk fuzz and do like it. I'd also check out that Zoom Ultra Fuzz which looks infinitely tweakable...for a fuzz. Has a gate like the Chunk.

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

I'll be building this one in a little while... I never thought I'd hear you say that there would be too many effects. :eek: :rolleyes:

(BTW all zoom effects are digital)

5. Did I say that? :p Said i wanted a digital box too?? Oh man...obviously not thinking straight today.
    What "colouring" or tone variations will you build into your fuzz? Anything to change it's character as well? that signal path of yours is identical to the Chunk...Add a tone control or parametric sweep ala' the Boss MZ that goes _real_ low. I'd buy that.

6. It has a few additional features, well only one, the odd/even switch that will control the range of the gate from low to high, which changes the voice of the fuzz completely. But I've been thinking of a low boost control on the LPF signal or maybe a simple level control since only the distortion chanel has one.

7. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    According to the Zoom site, that pedal is analog...I may want to check that one out. If memory serves me correctly, the footswitch seems kind of shallow. Is it easy on/off and how much of the original signal do you get?

8. It's ok, it was close to 4/20, all is understood... :D :rolleyes:

9. Uh...you mean the smoke thang I think...? I am thick AND old. Yipes. But, maybe I have been redeemed just a little, no? ANALOG box! Still hope for the cause!

10. hmmm, this thread sort of got away from the topic...

11. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    MMFX CPR single loop bypass box

vintage Mu-Tron III
    Frantone Lo-Tone
    Boss BF-3
    Analog Man chorus
    Boss DD-3

for random weirdness:

moogerfooger ring modulator. but i think i could live without it.

digitech whammy. FUN!!

12. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Crowther Audio Prunes and Custard
    The ever-ubiquitous Digitech Whammy
    Lovetone Meatball
    Line 6 Echo Pro
    Boss BF-3 Flanger (Already got it, whee!)

And that damn TC Electronics SCF of mine... Don't like it, but I've written songs around it, so I guess its staying. :mad:

I think thats it...