Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MMMM Yamaha TRB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by quatre03, Feb 10, 2005.

1. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    My Yamaha TRB-JP-I
    [​IMG]
    My Yamaha TRB-6P-I
    [​IMG]
    My Whole Family
    [​IMG]

:bassist: :D :bassist: :D :bassist:

I just got the JP-I today i love it. very easy bass to play, even if it needs a good setup and a new set of strings. i'd love to stay and chat but i have a bass to play and class in the morning. :D

2. My Yamaha BB NE1 and
    TRB JP II

3. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    That's awesome family shot.

4. My TRB5P is sweet. These basses are either underrated or unknown as the quality matches anything I've ever played. It's a slap machine too.

5. Congrats! That's a great bass. I sold my TRB late last year and am regretting that move. Now I'm in the market for another one.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

What college do you go to, college of the rich students with GAS? Man, when I was in college, I barely had a pot to piss in! :D

7. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    i'm going to community college, my tuition is payed for, I live with very cool parents, I've caught a few big breaks, and i have grants :D.

Furman PL-Plus.......................$159.00
    Korg DTR-2000........................$259.99
    Lexicon G2..........................$700.00/1200 new
    Lexicon R1 foot controler.......$200/400 new
    Gemini 2 channel 15 band eq..$100.00/175 new
    Boss RC-20XL..........................$300
    Bass expansion pedals...............$80
    Carvin r1000............................$750.00
    Avatar b410 Delta....................$359
    Avatar b212............................$279
    SKB 6 space rack.....................$129
    Dean Edge Q4..........................$365
    Yamaha TRB-6P.....................$1040/2999 new
    Conklin GT-7............................$1200
    Yamaha TRB-JP........................$900/2300 new

total cost: $11,675
    total spent: $7,540

used in bold

i'm not calculating in stands, cases, straps or cables if I were I would say add $500 to the total thats a rough estamate.

8. vometia

vometia Formerly cbh

Nov 1, 2003
    Oxford
    Here's mine...
    [​IMG]

Having got over my original gripe about the poor setup (I realised "hey, just fix it, y'know?") I've really warmed to it a lot. Seems very well made, quite a versatile range of sounds and most important of all, it looks nice. :D The back of the neck is 3 pieces of flame maple with rosewood (?) pinstripes, making it a particularly good looking bass from the rear! I quite like having a bass with a 35" scale as well, even though it's just a 4-string (I dunno if I'll ever count beyond that with my big clumsy hands) it's nice to try a B on it.

It looked pretty good in purple, too. Only whinge apart from the poor initial setup is it seems a bit on the heavy side, but not overly so.

Chris.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  10. Damn that Gumby sure is nice! My pics are a wrd doc and I don't know how to make them small enough for TB :meh: