mmmmm.....fried turkey

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Dec 15, 2003.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OK, I made my first fried turkey today. I tried one a few other times, but never got much since it seemed to disappear rather quickly.

I had about 20 people over to try it, and it came out great. I am not sure if I want to have it the old fashioned way anymore.

how about you guys....you like fried turkey? ever make it yourself? any recipes you care to share? i made a rub of garlic salt, paprika, pepper, and some other creole seasoning and put it on pretty heavy.....man, it was so good!

-Mike

2. I like fried turkey. I like anything fried pretty much. I cant cook though, the only think i can do is microwave stuff and cook really simple stuff like mac and cheese

3. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    Fried all the way!!! Inject it with some liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper and some water. Let it stand for a day and fri it up.

4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I don't mean to be rude, but *** is
    Westchestersauce? Is that the stuff you find on the Men's room wall in the White Plains, NY, bus station?

Oh, you meant Worcestershire Sauce? I get it ...
    :D

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    nice one Thor....hehehe

-Mike

6. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    no. NO. NOOOOOOO!

:D Just kidding

I brine and smoke mine... yeah it takes a good 3 days from start to finish, but it's the shiznit

7. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN

You got me:spit: I used a spell checker and went to fast. :cool:

8. I LOVE fried foods

::feels arteries clogging::