Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mmmmm.....fried turkey

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Dec 15, 2003.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OK, I made my first fried turkey today. I tried one a few other times, but never got much since it seemed to disappear rather quickly.

I had about 20 people over to try it, and it came out great. I am not sure if I want to have it the old fashioned way anymore.

how about you guys....you like fried turkey? ever make it yourself? any recipes you care to share? i made a rub of garlic salt, paprika, pepper, and some other creole seasoning and put it on pretty heavy.....man, it was so good!

-Mike

2. I like fried turkey. I like anything fried pretty much. I cant cook though, the only think i can do is microwave stuff and cook really simple stuff like mac and cheese

3. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    Fried all the way!!! Inject it with some liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper and some water. Let it stand for a day and fri it up.

4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I don't mean to be rude, but *** is
    Westchestersauce? Is that the stuff you find on the Men's room wall in the White Plains, NY, bus station?

Oh, you meant Worcestershire Sauce? I get it ...
    :D

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    nice one Thor....hehehe

-Mike

6. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    no. NO. NOOOOOOO!

:D Just kidding

I brine and smoke mine... yeah it takes a good 3 days from start to finish, but it's the shiznit

7. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN

You got me:spit: I used a spell checker and went to fast. :cool:

8. I LOVE fried foods

::feels arteries clogging::