Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 20, 2005.

1. just a little update, Maton are planning on releasing their new basses late this year, so are Cole hints on what the models are going to be yet, acoustic, electric i dunno.

but just to annoy, heres a maton bass i played a while ago (only 63 made :eek: )....was brilliant...i just asked to see how much for a custom made replica, cos i doubt ill ever find another 'origional' one
    made in 83, rock maple neck, ebony fingerboard, Sassafras body
  2. Futurebass

Jun 22, 2005
    That's a JB4. Great bass, not too hard to find second hand in Australia or NZ. The fretless version is killer.
  3. primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    Interesting. Bloody Ugly.

Are they releasing acoustic basses?
  4. It's about time that Maton and CC start making basses.

I've checked out Cole Clark's acoustic guitars and they are amazing. A very unique construction.

And, of course, you could never go wrong (at least sound-wise) with a Maton.
  5. Image025.jpg

Image026.jpg Sorry to dissapoint but this is actually an MGB4 Fretless

Its the big brother to the JB4 Fretless both of which i own.

Only got my MGB last week actually and its never been played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Post a pic when i take a couple.

The neck on the MGB is exquisite made of rock maple and ebony.
    The body is a neck through design with sassaphras on each side of the neck and a white maple top.

Yours in Music

6. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    my buddy has a maton guitar. its a thing of beauty. it sounds really great too.
  7. Heath, if you ever travel to QLD, come to Toowoomba, the main music store here has the walls covered in old and new'ish Maton guitars and basses. Some really interesting stuff in there.

I like the giant flying V acoustic and teh 10foot tall strat :bassist:
  8. i cant wait for cole clark to release some basses :D