Mo Bass be warned!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by J-MAN, Jan 24, 2001.

1. J-MAN

Feb 29, 2000
    Here I am people, a simple bass player with some insite for all of you. I recently bought a mo bass swr head and the first one I got blew up after 2 hours of playing at 1/4 volume. The second one I got I had for a week and then the chorus went out. As for what i'm going to do now I took back the swr and put a large down payment on a trace elliot AH1000-12. What I heard from one of the sales people at the shop where I bought the Mo Bass head is that they have had alot of these heads come back with problems. So my advice is if you want one of these heads wait until they work out all the bugs. On a different note for the week that the amp did work it sounded cherry. It is a nice head with great sound but I think they wanted to get them out as fast as possible.
  2. I dont like the fact that they mount the pots direct to the circuit board without any other support. One knock, and there's your circuit board cracked.
  3. JohnA

Mar 21, 2000
    I had a Trace Elliot 2x10SMC combo which had a GP7 head. It definitely had the sound -- just not the volume.

I also saw Doug Wimbish play that head your getting through the new gigantic trace stack. Very impressive stuff.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Y'know, we went through a long thread about Mo Bass. All of this and much, much more was covered.
  5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    All of this...except J-man's problems;)
  6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Thank you for reinforcing my long standing decision to never buy gear that hasn't had a chance to get dust on it.
  7. what marty says! i hate that setup..
  8. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Mine still works and sounds perfectly. I admit I've got it safely inside an SKB case, and I'm carefull with it. Still it gets banged around a lot.

I must agree that mounting the pots straight on the circuit board sucks!