1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MO' bass or mesa m-pulse??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dpwchanel, Apr 30, 2009.

1. dpwchanel

dpwchanel

Apr 28, 2009
    hey so i'm lookin to upgrade and i have so far two heads in my mind. one would be the MO' bass or the mini MO' bass head. i really like the looks and sounds of them. i have a couple of friends who use them and love them and i love the sound they produce from them. next is the mesa boogie m-pulse 600. i have not heard one nor have i played through one but have read reviews and i think i would like one. of course i will try it out first but i thought if someone knew about the two maybe you could give me a quick comparison of the two and maybe tell me what one i should get. the mo bass will of course be a ton harder to get cause they have not been made for about six years so i just have to wait for someone to go into debt and need some extra cash i guess but i think it will be worth the wait. unless someone thinks other wise then i will just have to go pick me up a m-pulse. thanks for anyone and everyones help!!

2. i have played both and i bought a mesa venture combo ( the mesa m pulse 600 head with a 2x10 cabinet ) i added a mesa 4x10 cabinet as well. it was a great sounding amplifier with tons of power. i sold the combo about 8 months ago as i haven't been gigging and considered it a waste to play such a powerful amp at 2. before buying the amp i tried all of the usual names, eden, aguilar, ampeg, ashdown, swr, etc and liked this head the best ( a few of those names were just as good though ). the build quality was great and in spite of having two eq stages i found the preamp eq to be sufficient and left the second parametric eq flat for the most part. the mo bass head was a good head as well, but i think a lot of money is spent on the effects side of it and you can get all of those effects and more in a 100 dollar footpedal. i think that is why the full size mo' bass head had such a short production life. it came back as a preamp as nobody was buying the powered mo' bass and a quick trip to their webpage reveals that this product is no longer available either.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Being a fan of Mesa bass amps, I'd obviously choose the Mesa. Can you A/B them in person?