mo TALKBASS meetings

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Ed Fuqua, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    It just so happened that Mike Savino was playing at SATELLA last night, which was right next door to my gig at KAVEHAZ. So we finally got to put face to typeface and have a beer, which was great.
    Mike was playing with a Turkish/Arabic ensemble (wood flute, oud, dumbek/trap kit and Upright) and was playing nice pizz and arco and sounding great. the La Scala sounded really round and full and had nice definition throughout the room (I stood in about 3 different places).

Mike's a real nice cat, anybody gets a chance to fall by any of his gigs to Hi should take the opportunity.
  2. Savino

Jun 2, 2004
    Thanks Ed,
    It was nice to put a face and pronunciation on the the infamous Ed Foo-Quay. (The way i was hearing it in my head was all wrong LOL.) Ed is also a real nice cat, and I look forward to dropping by one of his gigs. We got a chance to check out each others ladies and man, does he like his strings way up there! Great sounding bass.
    This really goes to show what a great thing we TBers have here. I look Forward to meeting more of you in the future, Happy Holidays.