"Mobile delivery -- day of show" concert tickets

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Lobster11, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    A friend and I are considering getting tix for an upcoming concert, for which the only option is "mobile delivery -- day of show" -- which evidently means that they email you the tickets 3-4 hours before show time and you gain admittance by displaying the ticket on your phone. Maybe I'm just behind the times, but this was a new one on me, and I'm not really keen on the idea. I'm especially nervous about it for this particular show, as I would be traveling a long way and wouldn't receive the electronic ticket until well after I was on the road. And it makes me even more nervous about trying to buy tickets from a third-party vendor -- e.g., "StubHub" or Craigslist -- because I wouldn't know whether I actually have the tickets until I'm halfway there.

Does anybody have any experience with this kind of ticket-delivery system? Am I more worried than I should be?

2. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    New to me too...and I can't say I like the idea either.
    I'm fine with electronic delivery...email with a bar-code...but I've always got them when I ordered.
    I guess this is progress...:(

Lobster11 likes this.
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Doesn't make sense. Why couldn't they email you the tickets when you paid for them? I usually print them out. Screw that phone mess.

Lobster11 likes this.
  4. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Sounds risky.

Lobster11 likes this.
  5. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I get baseball tickets from StubHub. They email the tickets immediately, and I print them out.

6. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    We do a Will Call with venues that offer it.
    You pick them up at the front desk.

7. My phone does not have internet so I guess I can not go to shows if this is the new thing. :meh:

8. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Sounds more than a bit scamish. Not to mention, what are you gonna have to tack up on your brag board?

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021