Mobile phone reccomendations? (UK)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Sep 16, 2004.

1. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hi all.

I've been mobileless for about 4 years now and have finally decided to buy one.

I did look around the local shopping area with some uni friends who know about phones but didn't see anything of interest.

I'd appreciate if anyone could reccomend a good model thats:

* o2 network
    * NO camera or other cheesy add-on
    * Pay as you go
    * below £60

Thanks in advance :D

EDIT: I did find this on my haul through many-a-webpage: I've found it for £49.99 on another site (though it's descriptions aren't as good). Any views?
  2. My advice is this:

Don't listen to my advice on this topic.
  3. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    seems like a good choice to me yoshi.

although ive been contract for a couple of years now, i couldnt imagine going back to pay as you go....
  4. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Nokia 3310 or 3320,good solid reliable phones, consider a secondhand one (you'd probably get one for £30 or so).
    Plus there are loads of accessories for them (Covers,Facias,keypads) so if you get a scruffy secondhand one you can bring it back to mint for about fifteen quid!
  5. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Thanks a lot for all the advice, even bau tigers..(confused?!).

I went searching in town today with the plan of 'if I don't find anything good I shall just get the one i linked to'.

I found a nifty one in town for £49.99. A basic phone for novices wth no hi-tech features (the clerk was shocked when I protested against such devices!). I got home and it turns out that the phone I bought was infact the one I linked too :D Strange eh?

On a lighter note, I've already scored the number of a girl from uni :hyper:
  6. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    You see dude, the whole not having a mobile phone thing sucks. You score chicks with mobile phones.

This message has been brought to you c/o phones4u
  7. Did you go against my advice and listen to what I said?!?!?!!!! :mad: :mad:

Yay! :hyper: :D

Speaking of which I don't have that girl's number yet...maybe I will ask next time. She doesn't have mine either but she knows where I live. :p
  8. the 'sony ericsson' are excellent. I have owned 3 nokia's and they are poo. my rec wood be the S.E. its got a camera, but I never use my camera ;)