Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mobile phone reccomendations? (UK)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Sep 16, 2004.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hi all.

I've been mobileless for about 4 years now and have finally decided to buy one.

I did look around the local shopping area with some uni friends who know about phones but didn't see anything of interest.

I'd appreciate if anyone could reccomend a good model thats:

* o2 network
    * NO camera or other cheesy add-on
    * Pay as you go
    * below £60

Thanks in advance :D

EDIT: I did find this on my haul through many-a-webpage: http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_payg_details.asp?itemkey=123035&st=215 I've found it for £49.99 on another site (though it's descriptions aren't as good). Any views?

2. My advice is this:

Don't listen to my advice on this topic.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    seems like a good choice to me yoshi.

although ive been contract for a couple of years now, i couldnt imagine going back to pay as you go....

4. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Nokia 3310 or 3320,good solid reliable phones, consider a secondhand one (you'd probably get one for £30 or so).
    Plus there are loads of accessories for them (Covers,Facias,keypads) so if you get a scruffy secondhand one you can bring it back to mint for about fifteen quid!

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
  6. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Thanks a lot for all the advice, even bau tigers..(confused?!).

I went searching in town today with the plan of 'if I don't find anything good I shall just get the one i linked to'.

I found a nifty one in town for £49.99. A basic phone for novices wth no hi-tech features (the clerk was shocked when I protested against such devices!). I got home and it turns out that the phone I bought was infact the one I linked too :D Strange eh?

On a lighter note, I've already scored the number of a girl from uni :hyper:

7. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    You see dude, the whole not having a mobile phone thing sucks. You score chicks with mobile phones.

This message has been brought to you c/o phones4u

8. Did you go against my advice and listen to what I said?!?!?!!!! :mad: :mad:

:scowl:

Yay! :hyper: :D

Speaking of which I don't have that girl's number yet...maybe I will ask next time. She doesn't have mine either but she knows where I live. :p

9. the 'sony ericsson' are excellent. I have owned 3 nokia's and they are poo. my rec wood be the S.E. its got a camera, but I never use my camera ;)