SOLD Mobius Megatar - Tapping guitar / bass similar to Chapman Stick

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pharaohamps, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pharaohamps

pharaohamps Commercial User

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Owner, Disaster Area Designs / Alexander Pedals
    This doesn't really belong here, but maybe there are some curious folks interested in tapping instruments?

Selling my Mobius Megatar Tapping Guitar. This is a really interesting instrument, kind of a cross between a guitar and bass but designed to be played by tapping instead of picking or strumming. Includes a fitted gig bag, setup tools, and a method book.

Mobius Megatar MaxTapper
    Mahogany body and neck
    Rosewood fretboard
    12 strings
    Dual Bartolini humbuckers wired in stereo
    Individual volume and tone controls for each pickup
    34" scale
    String-through body bridge with Graph-Tech saddles
    Graph-tech nut
    Meg-Strap system
    Includes stereo cable and method book.

I had two of these, and I kept this one because it sounded and played better than the TrueTapper I had. They were both great instruments but 12 strings is too many for me. As you can see I have it strung with only eight strings, but string sets are available from Megatar online for around $37. I have a set of Chapman Stick strings that I could include, but they're "baritone melody" and that might not be your preferred tuning.

I'm only selling this because I purchased a Chapman Stick (10 string) that suits my style better. If I could buy a Megatar with 8 or 10 strings I would have! These guitars sound great for rock or metal, and work well in jazz or progressive styles as well. You can play this with a pick if you want, but the strings are a little tight for fingerstyle playing. It's definitely made for tapping, though.

Asking $750 plus shipping cash or PayPal. Local pickup near Raleigh, NC is cool. International sales are OK, too but shipping will be high.

DSC_5267.jpg

DSC_5269.jpg

DSC_5270.jpg

DSC_5272.jpg

DSC_5274.jpg

DSC_5278.jpg

DSC_5279.jpg

2. pharaohamps

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Bump.

3. Go Fellow Chapman Stick Owner!

4. pharaohamps

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Sold.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.