SOLD Mobius Megatar - Tapping guitar / bass similar to Chapman Stick

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pharaohamps, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pharaohamps

pharaohamps Commercial User

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Owner, Disaster Area Designs / Alexander Pedals
    This doesn't really belong here, but maybe there are some curious folks interested in tapping instruments?

Selling my Mobius Megatar Tapping Guitar. This is a really interesting instrument, kind of a cross between a guitar and bass but designed to be played by tapping instead of picking or strumming. Includes a fitted gig bag, setup tools, and a method book.

Mobius Megatar MaxTapper
    Mahogany body and neck
    Rosewood fretboard
    12 strings
    Dual Bartolini humbuckers wired in stereo
    Individual volume and tone controls for each pickup
    34" scale
    String-through body bridge with Graph-Tech saddles
    Graph-tech nut
    Meg-Strap system
    Includes stereo cable and method book.

I had two of these, and I kept this one because it sounded and played better than the TrueTapper I had. They were both great instruments but 12 strings is too many for me. As you can see I have it strung with only eight strings, but string sets are available from Megatar online for around $37. I have a set of Chapman Stick strings that I could include, but they're "baritone melody" and that might not be your preferred tuning.

I'm only selling this because I purchased a Chapman Stick (10 string) that suits my style better. If I could buy a Megatar with 8 or 10 strings I would have! These guitars sound great for rock or metal, and work well in jazz or progressive styles as well. You can play this with a pick if you want, but the strings are a little tight for fingerstyle playing. It's definitely made for tapping, though.

Asking $750 plus shipping cash or PayPal. Local pickup near Raleigh, NC is cool. International sales are OK, too but shipping will be high.

DSC_5267.jpg

DSC_5269.jpg

DSC_5270.jpg

DSC_5272.jpg

DSC_5274.jpg

DSC_5278.jpg

DSC_5279.jpg

2. pharaohamps

pharaohamps Commercial User

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Owner, Disaster Area Designs / Alexander Pedals