Mock Turtle Regulator trucking.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Yes, everybody knows that.

5 vote(s)
  2. No, of course not.

2 vote(s)
  3. get some sleep you idiot.

10 vote(s)
  1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    There are these trucks here in the N.E. that have a logo, MTR on them. Hey MTR, do you own a trucking company in North America?
  2. Over here, there's a band called The Mock Turtles about to go top 40 - they anything to do with our MTR?

:eek: :confused: :cool:

(I've actually been meaning to ask him for a while, in his profile his band is The Now. :confused: Are they ripping you off, MTR?)
  3. :D
    maybe owning a trucking company would have been something I aspired to doing one day when i was a kid, but not now...

The Mock Turtles were around in the 90's.
    Martin Coogan (brother of Steve Coogan of Alan Partridge/Paul Calf/Tony Ferrino etc. fame) is the singer.

they've re-formed recently after "can you dig it" (their only real hit in the early 90's) was chosen for the Vodafone advert.
  4. So who got the name first? Or is it totally unconnected? Am I just barking up a randomly wrong tree?

Anyway, if you're the Mock Turtle Regulator, you regulate the Mock Turtles, which must mean you have higher status than them..... or something. I dunno.:rolleyes: :oops: :D
  5. the name is totally unconnected- they were going long before I even took up bass....

someone was using the name "The Mock Forum Regular" on a Channel4 forum with no login system, hence loads of aliases, impostoring etc., so I responded with "The Mock Turtle Regulator" as a dig.
  6. I have to say, it is a cool name - far better than "parrott" :oops: :p
  7. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    In that movie, 'Smokey and the Bandit,' wasn't the truck's cargo supposed to be chowder?

Maybe our TB friend is hauling Mock Turtle Soup cross country?

Don't ask me why I remember that movie from my childhood, much less that specific aspect. I could be wrong. Hey, was that the same movie that had the proctologist character that was always sniffing his finger?!? :eek:
  8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    The proctologist was in Cannonball Run. :D :D
  9. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    i thought they were shipping coors