1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mod kits

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by circuithealer, Mar 15, 2006.

1. circuithealer

circuithealer

Mar 15, 2006
    Hi,

I want to mod a bif muff so I can use with my bass. I have heard about some mod companies (indyguitarrist, pedaldoc.com and analogman).

Have any of you tried them?

The healer.

2. subsonicgroover

subsonicgroover

Mar 27, 2007
    UK
    I bought a £12 (inc postage) pedaldoc kit from e-bay for my c. 1989 Boss CS3 compressor (originally meant for guitar). It turned the compressor from a virtually useless piece of kit into a tool I now use all the time - even for practice.

Kit came with about 12 components, instructions, solder, solder remover etc. It took me, a useless electrician, about 2 hours to do.

Got to be worth £12!

I am now thinking of buying an overdrive pedal for my bass. If I get a Boss, I will definitely mod it with a pedaldoc kit again.

3. thebassy

thebassy

Apr 22, 2008
    Yeah!

Pedaldoc is really great. My Cs3 kit got to Amsterdam in about a week and it took me about an hour to install.

The sound is superb with my Ibanez Sr505.

I have also tried a Crybaby modified by these guys and it sounded really good.

And they are selling their kits for about 18 euros, which is a bargain.

4. I'd look into buying the components needed from an electronics retailer if you can get the schematic. Probably get them even cheaper :)