1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mod on MIA Standard Jazz

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by txl, Jun 3, 2007.

1. txl

txl

Mar 19, 2006
    I am considering for a mod on my MIA standard Jazz, a model of few years before without S1 switch.

It is a maple neck, the sound and feel is cool for slapping, but for fingering, the sound is not solid enough.
    Now all are using stock stuff, any recommendation for the mod on it?

I usually playing rock and funky stuff, wanna a more solid and punchy sound.

I consdiering add a Audre pre to change it to active, or change pickup and remain passive..

2. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I would say If you want a thicker tone Put in a set of lindy Frailin Pickups and you will be happy. And you can order them set up for an S1 switch If you think you might want to go that way at sometime. The other thing to possibly add before a Pre is a Bad Ass III bridge. If you do go for a pre amp The Audere is the way to go. Set flat it sounds nice and clean like a passive Jazz bass and if you need to boost or cut from there that is your choice. I have a 2000 MIA Jazz with all three of these on it and it is Just incredible. But do one at a time and see if you need more. I think the Frailins will jive you what you are looking for .

3. fish slapper

fish slapper

Nov 17, 2005
    Newberg, OR
    I got a chance to hear a Audre pre in a stock MIA J at one of the GTGs here in Portland (and talk to the guy who makes them). They definately give new life to a stock J. If you're looking to "beef up the sound", I think this would a good move.

4. txl

txl

Mar 19, 2006
    so i want to know, how the sound difference with stock J pups with lindy Frailin ?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021