1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mod Squier Affinity or New CV P-bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IWillFlyOneDay, Jul 23, 2012.

1. IWillFlyOneDay

IWillFlyOneDay Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Alright so, I'm looking to add a P-bass to my rig. My first bass that I got about 12 years ago was a Squier P-bass, pretty sure it was the Affinity series and made in China. I've been considering upgrading the pickups and bridge and using it as it has some sentimental value. I'm also considering just outright buying a Classic Vibe P-bass. Do you guys think I'd be wasting my time trying to mod my old bass? Is the Affinity series that much worse than the Classic Vibe that I should just buy the CV?

2. I really love the CV's, but if I was in your shoes (especially considering sentimental value) I would look into a pickup and bridge. But that's me. It would be cheaper and you'd have something that was truly yours. The basis of the Affinity is not terrible, the pickups are the meat of the bass, imo, and you have alot to choose from. You can find better pickups then what a CV has and come out cheaper and unique.

I've been wanting an Affinity just to modify it like your asking about. If I had your Affinity, I would modify it. :bassist: