1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modded Carvin B4 (Walnut w/ Sunsetburst)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jared Lash, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    SOLD Pending Payment

This is a Carvin B4 bolt on with dual MM pickups which I gather is something of a rarity for Carvin. The original electronics package has been swapped out for two SD Basslines and an 18V Aguilar OBP-3 (same pre/PU configuration as the Modulus Flea Bass) which were professionally installed with just a slight bit of routing to accomodate the new pickups.

The body is walnut with soft sunsetburst edging a tung oiled mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard and CT headstock.

The neck is as fast and smooth as any I've ever played and the bass is in great condition with no blemishes that I can see.

This bass is rich and thick sounding with some real authority to the low end. I think it sounds best with aggressive steel roundwounds (DR Lowriders especially) but I love it for slap, fingerfunk and hard rock stuff especially.

The bass was originally a bit over $1100 and the mods were an additional $450.

b4c.
    bass011.

I'm asking $575 plus shipping.

2. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Friday bump!

3. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    And just to answer a couple questions that I've been PM'd for everyone's benefit:

I still have the original pickups and (I believe) the preamp and if someone wants either or both I'll throw them in.

The original switch was a coil tap but with the Aggie pre it is now a mid switch.

I like my action fairly low but do have a strong right hand attack so it isn't set ultralow.

4. pica

pica Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Why are you selling it?

5. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Mostly because I don't play it enough. It got most of its use when I was in a RHCP tribute act and that band broke up (also sold my GK rig to my old drummer) so it has not seen as much action.

Also, my fiance and I moved in together and selling off gear means both more space and more money towards the wedding that we are mostly paying for ourselves.

Probably more info than you wanted but there it is.

6. MaxMaps

MaxMaps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    Bump for a fantastic TB'er =D

Scale length on this badboy?

7. PM sent - please reply via email (should link through my profile) if possible. Thanks!:bassist:

8. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Thanks. It's a 34" scale

SOLD Pending Payment.