Modded DOD 250; WOW

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bernardduur, Jul 7, 2005.

1. I am just completing my quest for everlasting and heavenly bass fuzz and OD; so far I build a Bazz Fuss as my main fuzz (heavenly modded) and now I added a DOD 250 clone to the box.

As I searched around, everyone uses this unit stock for decent to good bass OD; when you mod the unit by replacing the input cap with a 10 microfahrad one the unit really comes alive on bass (stock had some dead points). Now no volume loss, tone and bass response loss.

I love my unit.
  2. Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    You have any mod for true bypass?
  3. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    cool! i just decided today to use my ls-2 to mix my original bass signal together with all my effects and it sounds good. the 250 sounds especially good with a little more bass mixed in there.
  4. TB for a 250 is very easy..... but I made one myself so I don't know how the original is situated..... I can make all pedals TB (well, all the pedals I fixed I can make TB)....

I also added the famous "bass thru" circuit into it so I can mix some clean sound through the sound without suffering from volume cut-downs..... Still, love them sound..
  5. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Picked up a reissue DOD 250 the other week, will break it in tonight at practice. So far I like it, but haven't been able to really crank it up in the house. I have noticed the lack of true bypass effects my tone enough that I won't keep it plugged in all the time.

Can anyone tell me where to find directions to make this true bypass? I've done a few searches but have come up dry. A LED light to indicate when it's on would be nice too (an engineering buddy of mine will be helping me make the mod since I don't know what I'm doing).
  6. Craggsy

May 24, 2005

Did you make one using the circuit from General Guitar Gadgets by chance?
  7. You can put in a 3dpt switch and wire it to be true bypass, that would probably be the easiest way to do it.

Bern, would you mind telling us how you modded the bazz fuss? I'm looking at attempting to build it next and I want to add TB and an LED if it doesn't have them, anything else I should put in there?