Modding a Fender MM article

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shatner, May 28, 2012.

1. shatner

shatner

Sep 22, 2004
    Isle Of Wight, UK
    If anyone's interested I've just made a new semi-review, blog entry on my Marcus Fender and the reasons I ended up with certain modifications. Might be of use to anyone looking for a new bass and the hurdles you might run into on certain gigs. A lot of the info that helped my along came from talkbass.com so I'm really grateful to the community.

http://www.markjsmithbass.com/2012/05/26/77/

It's one of the first entries on the site so not much to see at the moment but it's going to be a hub for a lot of my video lessons etc. Thought I'd take a more practical viewpoint in my gear reviews coz I always find it hard to find reviews that give you the real giggin lowdown. Thoughts/criticisms always welcome and be sure to let me know if I've made any cockups on specs/facts etc.

Cheers
    Mark

2. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    What, did you put a good old passive VVT harness in place of the active electronics and replace the BA II bridge with a stock Fender one? :D

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021