Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modding a Mesa Powerhouse cab.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

This may seem mental, but I got the bright idea of closing both 2-10 chambers in the 5410 cabinet (4-10s around a 1-15). All I have to do is cut some plywood to the right dimensions and screw the pieces in with some silicon sealant. This would give me a ported 15 in the middle, and 2 sealed 2-10 chambers (like an Ampeg). This should give added punch to the 10s, and the low end of the 15. Does it sound like it would work???:cool:

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    It's hard to say what it would sound like. As long as you kept your power low you wouldn't hurt anything and it's easy to reverse.

I modded a Peavey 1516 (15 and 2x8) by removing the 8's. Make a nice round plug and glue it to a piece of 1/4" plywood about an inch bigger in diamater. Pull the 15 so you have a big hole to work thru and install the finished plug from the back so the fillers are flush up front. It was completely invisible from about 5' away.