Modding monterey basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jaffa110, Mar 16, 2006.

1. jaffa110

Mar 8, 2006
    Does anyone (particularly aussies) know anything anbout Monterey basses??? I'm looking at getting one to slowly customise and make my own... but its needs to be giggable stock. I know tehy are within my price range and the bloke at my local music shop recommends them, but of course, he's selling them :ninja:
    I can't find any reviews anywhere so... help me TBers!
  2. I've played a few different Monterey basses and I am buying their Natural finished jazz replica soon. I find them to be great basses for the money, they are a touch cheaper than the equivalent SX version and feel and play exactly the same. Just give them some good string and a good setup and i'm sure you'll love a Monterey.

I too will be slowly upgrading this bass, BAII, new pups and maybe a preamp. One thing to note, the finish on the neck is thick as anything on the 'vintage' basses but thats easily fixed.
  3. Here's mine, I paid $150 (AUD) from cash converters a few years back. De-Fretted and added the bridge cover. Plays really good, i love this bass, they have made the headstocks less fendery now.