1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modding my Affinity P Bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Shamiri On Bass, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Shamiri On Bass

Shamiri On Bass

Sep 30, 2013
    I got a 2011 Squier Affinity Precision bass about 5 months ago. I've already changed the tuners and pickups, but I'm wondering whether the Fender Vintage Precision Bridge cover will fit over the stock bridge. I know I could always change the bridge, but I like the one that's on it simply because it's something I get to fix up fairly often (intonation, action etc). Thanks for the help.

2. autodidact

autodidact

Mar 13, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    Should fit no problem. Bridge covers are pretty spacious unless you're trying to cram a Babicz or something under there

3. Shamiri On Bass

Shamiri On Bass

Sep 30, 2013
    Thanks a lot autodidact

4. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    With what? Come on now, be thorough. :D

5. Shamiri On Bass

Shamiri On Bass

Sep 30, 2013
    Sorry this is so late. Tuners are made by a local guy, they're holding much better than the stock ones. I changed the pickups to Quarter Pounders, not exactly what I was looking for but too poor to change them again.