Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mode tabs

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Sippy, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Hey guys, my instructor gave me the fingerings for the modes, but not saying what fret they are on. I searched "bass mode tabs" but i'm sick of searching through the "depeche mode bass tabs" websites lol, so can somebody help me out? thanks a lot :)

And the tabs for the Arpeggios would be cool too :) thanks alot fellas.

Unless are all the modes exactly 1 whole step different? After playing the Lydian mode do you just move down 1 whole step and then play the mixolydian?

2. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    In fact I'd be really happy with just the arpeggios.

3. dbaser

dbaser

Jan 22, 2005
    Mobile, AL
    Hey! I like Depeche Mode! I play "Policy of Truth" against a drum track I laid out and watch my 2 girls hop around the "music room." :)

I think I saw/have some somewhere. As soon as I get the kids off the to bus stop, I'll start lookin' for ya...

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

If we're talking about the modes of a major scale, for example - then every mode is the same fingering - it's the same scale - just starting at a different point!! :p

So - if you work out where a major scale 'sits' all over your fingerboard - then you also have every mode - just start in a different place each time!

5. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    hmm yea the modes that I was taught don't have the same fingering :( although the Ionian mode is the major C scale. The other modes have different fingerings and all have 4 note arpegios where the 1st and 4th note are the same (I believe they are the root)

6. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    I've been looking online and have seen many sites for the modes and scales etc. All use all 4 strings. The scales and modes Ihave been learning only use the ADG strings and not the E, is that normal?