1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Model One and Blck Pickguard--Sheehanize Your P Bass!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by knigel, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    I'm the Squier of Fenderbirds
    So I recently bought a parts bass from the 80s, and the previous owner made a crazy unlined fretless Billy Sheehan bass. It has some great parts (Badass II, Schaller tuners with a Schaller drop tuner, Two piece ash Chandler body, DiMarzios), but after some major swapping I've decided to go plain old P.

So Up for sale is an 80s DiMarzio Model One, and it includes the black pickguard and most of the harness, including a series/parallel switch.

6488605285_faee6438cb.

6488605595_443c899067.

6488606593_7685a886da.

Overall, for something that is most likely decades old, it is in nice shape. Pickup works great, and had a nice fat tone without being muddy. Pickguard is a bit worn, but not bad. Includes screws. It also includes the second jack, which I used as a dummy, but should be replaced it you actually want that two output goodness.

How about [DEL]75 shipped [/DEL] PRICE DROP for this relic of a simpler time, when men could run two rigs on stage for lows and highs, and wear spandex with wild abandon.

2. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    By the way, here is the bass as I bought it:

6160303414_052da3072d.

And how it stands now (I think I see some cream covers in my future):

6463657775_58728ebc2a.

3. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    To hell with it: Price drop to [DEL]60 plus a couple of bucks CONUS shipping[/DEL]. That's less than a used Model one by itself. Hooray!

[​IMG]

4. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    How about 50 shipped? Steal this vintage DiMarzio! By sending 50 to my paypal!

5. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    Elevator going up.

6. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    so the pickguard assembly with the pickup is 50 shipped? I'll take it...PM me and I will paypal ya...

3rdworlder likes this.
  7. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    PM answered. Sold pending payment?

8. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    yep

9. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    And soolllldddddddd thanks Jaymi!

And thanks to all for the fair trade offers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.