Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rygelxvi, Aug 29, 2003.

1. rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    I'm looking for something to go direct with at smaller gigs (or when I just don't feel like lugging my amp around). Now I know most modelers dont sound like the real thing but that doesnt matter to me. What matters is that it sounds good. So whats the best, warmest, good sounding modeler out there? I don't really care about fx but I'd like to have compression, though I could have a pedal for this. Which leads me to my second question, What are some really good quality pedal compressors? keep in mind money is no object and I'm using a warwick thumb bo4. I will go try stuff out eventually but help me narrow the search. All suggestions welcome.
  2. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I use a Line6 Bass Pod. Sounds great. And as far as I'm concerned it does sound like the real thing. I've had other musicians who saw my band compliment my sound and ask what kind of amp I use. It has a compressor that is adequate, but not great.

As far as pedals, I like the Boss CE-3.
  3. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I just got a J Station. They're only $99 at MF now. I've only used it w/ headphones, so I don't know about your application, but I'm impressed w/ the SWR model. It's compressor is also very good, you can process highs and lows separately. It's designed for recording but has footswitch capability. It is largely geared for guitar, but many of the guitar amp models and fx sound good on bass. There's no XLR out.