1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MODERATORS, where are you????????

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by LAJAZZBLUESGUY, Sep 27, 2013.

1. LAJAZZBLUESGUY

LAJAZZBLUESGUY

Sep 22, 2013
    hi, i had an insulting comment appear on one of my threads. i am trying to find a bass player in LA and one of the members went on a rant insulting my intentions and denigrated my thread post.

my post is meant to be positive, supportive and i wanted to reach out to bass players in my community and invite them out and get to know new musicians.

i've scanned the roster of members, but most are "registered" members. I can't seem to find a moderator.

If you're a moderator, will you please contact me so you can remove the ignorant, insulting comments from this member and my post can remain positive, upbeat and supportive in the nature it was intended?

Thank you.

2. There's a little red triangle in all posts that you can click on to report posts to mods.
    BTW, I looked at the post I think you're referring to and while the guy is quite blunt, he also offers what seems to be some very good advice. Happy hunting on your jam, and welcome to TB- there's a lot of good stuff here, but you do have to sift a bit sometimes. :)

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yes, use the red triangle as mentioned. Moderators of the forum will get a notice and investigate and take action they deem necessary.

4. Hapa

Hapa

Apr 21, 2011
    Tustin, CA
    private message sent to OP.

5. Hapa

Hapa

Apr 21, 2011
    Tustin, CA
    So you deem it necessary to complain to mods before me and refuse to communicate with me privately, how did I insult you?

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Wow. Been here all of a few days and already offended. You won't last long.

People have different opinions and different writing styles. Sure, we should all try to get along. But if everyone who got his panties in a wad went running to a mod, there would be hardly any conversation here.

Lighten up there sugar boobies. It'll be OK. We're glad to have you. We hope you stay! But you won't get smiles and sunshine from everyone all the time. That's not what we're about. I, for one, LOVE differing opinions, strong wills, and diverse conversation. How boring would it be if everyone felt the same, played the same, acted the same, and answered your question/post the same?

Why, that would be no fun at all.

Either way. I hope it all gets sorted out for you. Seems the guy with whom you are offended is trying to make good. Don't slam the door. It would be much easier to work it out with HIM, and not the mods. They have plenty to do. And the less they do the better in my view. Not that I think they are doing a bad job, mind you. Quite the opposite. By letting us go and not having such a tight leash lately, it has been a bit more fun around here.

Sorry if I am long-winded. Hope you end up feeling better about whatever happened regardless of how that comes about.

7. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Sugar boobies are quite tasty!