1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Moderen/hi-fi basses representative tone

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OriginalCrash, Mar 11, 2009.

1. So even though I don't have anywhere near the cash for one anytime soon, I've been looking at MTD's, Warriors, Foderas, Alembics, etc. more lately. I've always though they looked incredible, but I've been wondering... Are there characteristic sounds for each manufacturer? For example, I've read on here that Norm Stockton's tone gives a pretty good idea of the MTD sound... Sound about right? What about the others? Of course, with all the different wood/pickup/preamp combinations, I realize there's not just one sound per manufacturer. I'm just wanting to learn more and check 'em out, so any recommendations for bassists or songs to look into would be great!

Brian

P.S. I have checked out Bass Tasters. I'm just looking for other opinions/recommendations and perhaps a little more variety than there is on there...

2. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
    Plug into youtube.com , search the different brands and listen. Kinda cool to me it is

3. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005