1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modern Country

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Busker, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    I've been learning a few modern country tunes for an audition. Pretty good stuff, bass-wise. Check out Kenny Chesney's Summertime for example, if you get a chance. It's not too hard of a song, but the bass does do some unusual notes in there.

Modern country isn't too different than classic rock, IMO. But I do like it.

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...that's 'cause a lotta "Classic Rock" guys are the ones playing the music behind the 'stars'.

3. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    I figured it was Nashville cats. I hear they play clear as country water and been singin' since they's babies.:D

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I was thinking of guys like Dan Huff (guitar), David Hungate, Willie Weeks, etc.

There are also some 'friends' of mine out there...I know for a fact that none of them played Country coming up, it was Rock-R&B-Funk-Fusion. The Country thing is a recent turn for them...my guess is Country acts still hire actual musicians & they're treated very, very well.
    I know I'm treated great in the little local New Country parody band I'm in. ;)