Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modern Eletric Bass lessons Tab

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Joe Garage, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005
    I have the Jaco's Modern Electric Bass DVD, and I’m having some problems.
    On some of the lessons he play's damn fast that I just can figure out what's going on.
    :meh:

I have not learned to read sheet music yet, so I wondered is there a program that can translate the sheet music to tab's?

2. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Jaco wrote that book to force Bass Players to learn to read.
    But there are a couple of books on him in Tab. search some of the Music book sites like Musicdispatch.com etc etc. :)

3. d.bond

d.bond

Feb 11, 2005
    Kewanee, IL
    if you really don't want to learn to read (which you should), you can use guitar pro to convert the sheet music into tab. after converting a few of the exercises in the book into tab, i figured "might as well learn to read because this sucks"

4. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005
    Thanks!

I will learn to read one day!

:D

5. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005
    Thanks but I looked and none of those lessons are in his bass books.

6. Bassic61

Bassic61

Sep 16, 2005
    Arizona
    After reading this thread it sounds like you are missing foundation tudor material before the Electric Bass DVD course. My guess would be you need to study the chromatic scale and key signatures in relation to chordal hand positions
    on the neck while learning to sightread.
    I do not use tab but if you are interested you will find most pro notation software has a tab option you can add at the bottom of the score. I use Finale Pro. It can be a useful tool in conjunction with the standard notation.
    In Jaco's tudors he will list prerequisite tudors to study before you start with the course you are studying.
    Let me know if you have any problems or questions. I would be happy to help. :)