1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

modern equivalent of cool edit pro? (and not adobe audition pls)

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by shwashwa, Jun 28, 2016.

1. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    previated devert
  2. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    I'm still using Cool edit, but when that old computer I have it on finally craps out I'm going to go to mixcraft I think based on the research I've done. I don't know anybody who actually uses it but if someone does and would like to review it I would appreciate it!

3. Jay-Mac

Jay-Mac

May 4, 2019
    wraub likes this.
  4. Cool edit pro was my fav. for a good long time. The only other daw I liked or even considered for 15 years was travierso.
    Started playing with reaper in Dec. after a few weeks its was everything I wished cool edit pro would be.
    It even runs on my cheapo windows 7 laptop.

5. And I

And I Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    Reaper is a daw, not a wave editor. Cool edit pro is both. It's possibly the best wav editor I've ever used, and one of the worst daws I've ever used. I still use it when I need a wav editor. I always use reaper when I need a daw.