Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

modifications on the rebop4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by A Rock, Jun 13, 2003.

1. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    i just saved a lot of money buyin a rebop4 rather than buyin a pedulla or another higher end base.
    i got a flawless rebop for 500 bux. with the money i saved i wanted to make my rebop better..what do u guys suggest? what type of pups? preamp? LEDs?LOL

i want this cheaper bass to be as good as a high end bass...kinda like a sooped up honda civic.:D

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    ive never played a rebop but ill go over sum of the changes spector owners do to their basses. Change the electronics of not emgs. Changed to the btc? circuit is popular. Chnange the tuning keyes to ultralites or sumthing siumiliar. Yea why not throw sum leds in. Its easier and c cheaper cuz its a bolt on. Get LEDS to match th ebass color

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Personally, I'd leave it alone!!!! It has a GREAT pre-amp (Aguilar OBP-1) & the EMG HZ work VERY WELL with the OBP-1. The hardware is great. You got a killer bass for a great price!!!!!

4. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    yeah..thanks for tellin me about it Nino. i think they have like a couple left at musiciansfriend.com!

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Actually, doesn't the current Re-Bop have the new Spector 18v Tone Circuit?

6. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    yeah i think they changed the pre-amp..i dunno what i have..i got it used..ill check later. im likeing the sound so far..in another thread i read the emg-hz dont sound right for jazz music...

7. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    i opened her up and saw the aguilar preamp!

8. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I haven't play one, but I hear it's quite a good pre-amp. The nine volt battery is connected to some sort of doubler which gives the preamp 18 volts altogether. Do you like how it sounds?

9. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    i really like the way it sounds...just wonderin how to make it sound better..lol