1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modified G&L Tribute SB-2 For Sale $450

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Low Tone, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Low Tone

Low Tone

Feb 7, 2004
    St. Joseph, MO
    G&L Tribute SB-2. This bass is less than a year old and rarely played. No scratches, dents or dings anywhere. Midnight Wine color. Purchased new from Beat Street Music. www.beatstreetmusic.com This bass is a rarity because the Midnight Wine color was only supposed to have a white pearloid pickguard. This one was shipped from the factory with a single ply black pickguard. It looks OK but a B/W/B 3-ply would look better.

I had the bass modified from two volume only controls to two stacked knobs for volume and tone. It's a very LOUD bass for being passive and I can get a sweet classic P tone or blend in the bridge jazz p'up for variety.

This is a great bass but I have my eye on something else so this one must go. Asking $450 plus shipping. (Price dropped from original post.) I'm willing to ship internationally but you must deal with your own taxes, tariffs, government bribes or whatever. I accept PayPal or US POSTAL money orders only. (These are money orders actually purchased at a US Post Office.)

I realize I have a zero rating here on TalkBass but have never sold anything here. I have had several good transactions both at Harmony Central and eBassist as well as 100% feedback on eBay.

The bass also comes with a really nice G&L padded gigbag.

Pics:

CIMG0007.

CIMG0008.

CIMG0009.

CIMG0011.

CIMG0012.

2. Low Tone

Low Tone

Feb 7, 2004
    St. Joseph, MO
    In the interest of full disclosure, the volumes on the stacked knobs reach their full volume around the 3/4 mark and then begin to diminish again as you turn them towards full. I've never considered it an issue as I'm a set it and forget it kind of guy and it doesn't really affect the bass in any way.

3. Low Tone

Low Tone

Feb 7, 2004
    St. Joseph, MO
    Will also consider for straight trades:

Cort Curbow 4 string w/Barts and case in either Black or CAR

Fender Jaguar bass (I know it's a long shot but I really want one!)

Edit: Very possibly a T-40 in primo shape. Must have the rosewood fretboard.

Of course, the $450 plus shipping option still applies. :hyper:

4. Low Tone

Low Tone

Feb 7, 2004
    St. Joseph, MO
    PRICE DROP TO $400*
    STEAL THIS BASS WHILE YOU CAN!

*shipping charges still apply
    ;)

5. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    Does this bass have a Jazz neck?

6. Low Tone

Low Tone

Feb 7, 2004
    St. Joseph, MO
    Not sure what Jazz neck measurements are but here is the specs on the Tribby:

NECK RADIUS: 12 in. (228.6mm)
    NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1-1/2 in. (38.1mm)

7. screaminglucy

screaminglucy

Jul 20, 2009
    TX, USA
    how heavy is this beauty?

8. Low Tone

Low Tone

Feb 7, 2004
    St. Joseph, MO
    Not sure on the weight because I don't have access to a scale of any sort right now. It doesn't seem overly heavy to me but I used to play a T-40 so ??

9. Low Tone

Low Tone

Feb 7, 2004
    St. Joseph, MO
    Would also be interested in a bass copy from that company that begins with R and is very zealous about protecting their copyright. (Hint: It's Not a Rogue. :D )

10. Low Tone

Low Tone

Feb 7, 2004
    St. Joseph, MO
    Random, "Please Buy This Bass!" Bump

11. heb9_28

heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Trade? MIJ Power Jazz?

12. Low Tone

Low Tone

Feb 7, 2004
    St. Joseph, MO
    Might be interested
    Pm me some pics and info on it and we'll go from there.

Edit: Just read your ad. Interesting.
    I'll have to look at the pics closer tonight.
    Posting on my cell from work has it's disadvantages.

13. heb9_28

heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    No problem. Check out my post for pics, I can take more if you want. Also definitely check out that link, there's all the info you could ever need about the bass. It's definitely unique, they have tons of tonal options.

14. Low Tone

Low Tone

Feb 7, 2004
    St. Joseph, MO
    TRADE IN PROGRESS! :hyper:

Thanks all for looking!